If you’re managing marketing in the software or SAAS industry, then you know things changes very quickly. From the channels we use to drive growth, to the strategies and best practices across all areas of digital marketing.
That’s why this comprehensive list of 183 statistics across software marketing channels is your ultimate resource to stay current on what works. To make it easy, you can use the links below to jump to sections of interest.
Table of Contents:
- Marketing Automation Statistics
- Lead Generation Statistics
- Search Engine Optimization Statistics
- AI-Driven Marketing Statistics
- Email Marketing Statistics
- Marketing with Chatbots Statistics
- SMS Marketing Statistics
- Content Marketing Statistics
- Video Marketing Statistics
- Advertising Statistics
- CRM Software
Marketing Automation Statistics
Marketing Automation is a process that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure marketing campaigns and workflows, so they can increase operational efficiency and grow revenue faster.
Adopting marketing automation will help you increase your marketing productivity, helps you achieve more ROI, and avoid doing repetitive tasks.
Interested about what Marketing Automation tools are out there? Make sure to check this article, to find the right marketing automation tool for you.
The following Marketing Automation Stats will tell you “why” you should use it, and what challenges come with it.
- 75% of all companies already use at least one kind of marketing automation tool. (Source: bloggingx)
- 76% of companies that used automation saw a return on their investment. (Source: bloggingx)
- By using marketing automation you can achieve a 451% increase in qualified leads. (Source: bloggingx)
- 90% of companies use multiple forms of marketing automation software. (Source: bloggingx)
- 53% of B2B organizations implement marketing automation, and 37% plan to implement it (Source: Mktg.actonsoftware.com)
- 75% of those surveyed added marketing automation to their business in less than six months (Source: Slideshare.net)
- Marketing Automation spending is expected to reach $25 billion by 2023. (Source: forrester)
- The majority of users think marketing automation is fairly priced (Source: Venturebeat.com)
- Nearly 90% of agencies say their marketing automation strategy is successful (Source: Sharpspring)
- The top benefit of Marketing Automation is lead management, with more relevant content coming in second (Source: B2bm)
- 78% of successful marketers say that marketing automation is most responsible for improving revenue contribution (Source: Lenskold.com)
- 80% of marketing automation users saw their number of leads increase, and 77% saw the number of conversions increase due to marketing automation (Source: Venturebeat.com)
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead (Source: nucleusresearch.com)
- 30% of business owners, executives, and marketers who use GetResponse believe the most beneficial aspect of marketing automation is saving time and avoid repetitive tasks (Source: Getresponse)
- 36% of respondents realized the benefits of integrating marketing automation in 6 months or less (Source: Ascend2)
- 16% of marketers believe their #1 challenge is creating quality automation (Source: Automizi)
- 17% of experts advise beginners to plan their marketing automation strategy ahead of time (Source: Automizi)
- Only 19% of individuals saw a dramatic increase in qualified leads with marketing automation (Source: yumpu)
- 56% of marketing influencers find data management to be the most difficult marketing technology to implement (Source: Ascend2)
- There is a higher adoption of marketing automation in America with 69% of respondents using or applying marketing automation
- 92% of the respondents main goal is to improve their qualified lead pipeline and 81% is customer retention (Source: invespcro)
- 51% of B2B marketers consider personalized/dynamic content to be the most effective tactic of marketing automation (Source: ascend2)
- 53% of marketing influencers think email marketing automation is the most effective technology
- The marketing automation industry is expected to reach 8.42 million by 2027 (Source: grandviewresearch)
- 480,000 websites currently use marketing automation software. (Bolddigital)
- 63% of Marketers to Increase their Marketing Automation Budgets (Source: invespcro)
- 40% of Marketers Not Using Marketing automation plan to adopt it soon (Source: khrisdigital)
- The marketing automation software industry is worth over $6.1 billion (Source: globenewswire)
- Social media post scheduling is the most common automation process (Source: khrisdigital)
- Email Marketing Automation is among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance (Source: hubspot)
- Data-driven Marketing Automation is on the Fast-Rise (Source: khrisdigital)
- 80% of Marketers Use Marketing Automation to Generate qualified Leads (Source: emailmonday)
- Businesses that implement marketing automation experience an average of a 451% increase in qualified leads. (Source: Business2Community)
- 58% of Agencies Believe Marketing Automation Helps them Understand Marketing ROI (Source: invespcro)
- 58% of Marketers Use Marketing Automation for Upselling (Source: moosend)
- 85% of companies use Marketing Automation for Revenue Growth (Source: moosend)
- 76% of marketers see a positive ROI thanks to marketing automation within a year
- Automated lead nurturing converts 15-20% of customers to sales revenue (Source: khrisdigital)
- In the research, Nucleus found that marketing automation improved business’ productivity by an average of 20%.
- 80% of marketers that implement marketing automation generate their success (Source: khrisdigital)
- 44% of marketers think that using marketing automation doesn’t allow them to deliver personalized content (Source: khrisdigital)
- 16% that have adopted marketing automation think that creating quality content is their number one challenge.
- 243 marketing automation users think the top challenge in vendor selection is simply understanding the differences in functionality between them.
- 55.6% of companies that don’t use marketing automation is because they lack expertise (Source: lianatech)
- 48.1% of companies that don’t use marketing automation is because they lack expertise (Source: lianatech)
- 56% of marketers have difficulties keeping up with the marketing trends and evolutions
- According to a survey, companies that have used marketing automation saw an average increase of 10%.
- 36% of marketers use marketing automation in order to make room for more meaningful projects. (Source: tfminsights)
Lead Generation Statistics
Lead Generation is the process of identifying and cultivating potential customers for a business’s products or services.
It’s usually implemented via marketing campaigns supported by marketing automation – bringing potential clients to your business, and sales prospects who might purchase your products or services.
- An estimated 4.5 billion people will use email by 2024. (Source: Statista)
- Email marketing helps driving sales, 81% of customers will continue to use a service if they received regular emails. (Source: Statista)
- For 80% of B2B Marketers, lead generation is their 12-months most important goal. (Source: content marketing institute)
- Only 3% are considered as active buyers on the market (Source: heinzmarketing)
Lead generation follows demand generation. Demand generation happens and then lead generation happens.
Demand generation is the process of creating interest in your services or products to build an effective line of qualified leads for your sales team.
- Ad placement and audience targeting are the top ways that advertisers drive more demand. (Source: HubSpot)
- Over 60% of marketers said their CAC has increased in the past three years. (Source: HubSpot)
- 49% of companies report that increasing customer acquisition is their primary objective. (Source: Ascend2)
- 71% of B2B marketers expect their demand gen budget will increase in 2019 (Source: Drift)
- 46% said their demand gen budget will increase by 20%+ in 2019, up from 32% in 2018 (Source: Drift)