Add Google Analytics tracking to your Meetup group page for insights into your traffic and member engagement. It takes just minutes to set up and I’ll show you how to do it step by step with a video tutorial.
So without further ado, here is all you need to do:
- Create a Google Analytics account
- Click on the “Admin” gear icon in the bottom right > Property Settings > Copy the Tracking ID starting with UA-
- Go to your Meetup.com group page (Note: you must be an admin of the group)
- Click on the “Manage group” drop-down > Edit group settings > Optional features
- Scroll down until you see the Google Analytics section with a box to paste in the Google Analytics Tracking ID you copied earlier
- Click Save
- You’re now tracking the Meetup group page in Google Analytics!
Now you can access the rich data insights and stats of Google Analytics for your page on Meetup.com such as traffic sources, social media engagement, page views, and more. I hope this guide helps you to get the tracking setup. If you have questions or other recommendations comment below!