Upgrow is seeking an organized, motivated, and creative SEO Director to lead our growing digital marketing agency in San Francisco, CA. You will oversee and manage SEO projects involving research, planning, project management, analytics, optimization, linkbuilding, and writing. This role works directly with clients and includes account management, as well as managing 2 direct reports.
Note that this is a challenging position that will push you, it is hard work and will require serious drive. You must love SEO and be willing to do what it takes to get results through creativity and problem-solving but it will be highly satisfying to showcase what you can do.
So are you ready to achieve big things?!
We are a digital marketing agency supporting clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies with SEO, PPC, social media marketing, web design, and web analytics. Recent increased client demand has warranted a new hire and we are seeking an SEO Director. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage and rapidly expanding agency.
Our office is centrally located in San Francisco on Market St. at Van Ness (near Muni/BART).
- Build our agency's SEO program including setting standard operating procedures and how the agency best gets results and reports to clients.
- Achieve performance goals of organic rankings and traffic for our clients through onsite technical SEO and offsite link-building
- Complete SEO audits for new clients and contribute to our search proposals
- Ongoing management of SEO accounts to continuously improve performance through monitoring, on-page improvements, link building and content discovery
- Track and report on KPIs
- Content writing for SEO
- Project planning
- Marketing strategy focused on SEO
- SEO link building, email outreach, and email content writing
- Supporting our team in organizing various projects
- Build and analyze reports via Ahrefs, SEMRush, Clearscope, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Docs/Microsoft Office
- Manage and train a team of SEO Managers, content writers, and other team members.
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Passionate about SEO, content, and digital marketing
- A background showing the ability to find creative solutions to achieve SEO success
- A strong understanding of technical SEO, content, link-building, keyword research and other related skills
- Able to write high-quality content such as articles, case studies, page edits, and meta tags
- Working knowledge of CMS platforms (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Ability to work at an early-stage company with close team interaction
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrable high-reliability meeting deadlines
- Highly organized and a self-starter (you know what to do with minimal guidance or instruction)
- Takes initiative to self-teach through industry blogs, courses, podcasts, etc.
- Experience at an agency or startup, or as a consultant
- Experience in a marketing role at a B2B technology/software company
- Google Analytics Certified
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision & dental insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Build a business from the ground up!
Please include a cover letter, LinkedIn profile URL, and SEO accomplishment examples with your application for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com